Today, I designed my own HIIT workout!!! I didn’t borrow this one from any of the other amazing bloggers out there…it is 100% me! Well, mostly…I didn’t make up any craaaazzzzzyyyy new moves yet or anything! #thingstocome (?!). It wasn’t as intense as some of the other workouts I have done this week, but I will still covered in sweat with jello-y arms by the time I finished! Let me know what you think of this one! There will definitely be more @WaterCoolerWellness originals to come!
HIIT – 0:45 of each exercise, 0:10 rest in between (I repeated the entire cycle twice, and on the second go round added about 15-20 seconds of cardio –mostly jumping jacks- in place of the rests)
- Up-up, down-downs (Move from plank to plank-on-elbows by bending one elbow at a time and placing on the mat. Aim to “replace” your palm with your elbow, and then go back up. This really works your core and chest!)
- BOSU Push-ups
- Toe-touch Skaters
- Dumbell suspension Swings (Similar to kettlebell swings – just catch the dumbbell in the air and switch hands.)
- Lunge Jumps
- Burpee w/ Dumbbell Shoulder Press
- Ab Blast:
- Plank Crunches (Bring knee towards elbow, one side at a time)
- Bicycle Crunches
- Temple Tap Abs (Legs extended and shoulders/chest off the mat. Hold elbows out to the side and twist upper body to tap the mat with each elbow. This is kinda like a Russian twist, but with your legs extended to really KILL your core! It is one of my favorite moves from BenderFitness.)
- Dumbbell upper back press and squeeze (Dumbbells in hand, elbows at shoulder height. Press elbows back and squeeeezee upper back.)
- Inverted rows on TRX
- Rear delt barbell raises
- Seated cable rows
- Dumbbell Rows
- Bench Dips
- Stiff arm push downs
- Twisting push-ups (Push-up then move into side plank for a couple seconds, then back to plank for another push-up. Rotate on both sides)
I was still feeling really exhilarated from completing my first ‘original’ workout when I got home today, so I decided to do a Pop Pilates video too! Cassey’s Bodacious Back workout completely finished off my arms and back for the night! I am *definitely* going to be sore tomorrow!
Tomorrow I am planning to get up EARLY to take a kick boxing class at Title Boxing Club. I have never been before, and I am SOOO not a morning person! But…I am looking forward to throwing a different ‘punch’ into my fitness routine! I will be sure to post a review sometime tomorrow after I finish the class!